CA686 - Foundations of AI (in person)
- Foundations of AI
- MCM 1 - MSc in Computing (Artificial Intelligence)
- 40 practical
- 60 exam
- Two practicals for marks.
- 20 percent each
- Total 40 percent of module
I often use
to distinguish from
George F. Luger
- Library 006.3.LUG.
- 6th edn, 2009.
- Though note my section references are to 5th edn, 2005.
- Student resources
- Lecturer resources
- Coverage of both the
symbolic and the biological approaches to AI
in one book.
- 006 - Special computer methods
- 006.3 - Artificial Intelligence
- 629 - Other branches of engineering
- 629.8 - Automatic control engineering (robotics)
- 100 - Philosophy and psychology
- 120 - Epistemology, causation, humankind
- 150 - Psychology
- 153 - Mental processes and intelligence
Copyright of Luger and Morelli images
- I use some images from Luger's book
in this course.
These images will be protected by a password I will give out in class.
Images can be used for class access
but not public access on the Web.
This work is protected by regional copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning. Dissemination or sale of any part of this work (including on the Internet) will destroy the integrity of the work and is not permitted. The copyright holder grants permission to instructors who have adopted the textbook accompanying this work to post this material online only if the use of the website is restricted by access codes to students in the instructor's class that is using the textbook and provided the reproduced material bears this copyright notice.
- I also use some images from Morelli's course below.
These images are used with the kind permission of Ralph Morelli.