CA669 - Web Design and Implementation
Quickest way to find this web page:
Google ca669 dcu
Think about it:
All other ways (starting at the CA site, Googling my name, etc.)
will take much longer to get here.
Just Google module code and DCU and it is the first hit.
- Credit Rating 7.5 - MECT, GCDA
- Credit Rating 5 - MECB
- 50 exam - 50 practical.
- I do not use Loop. I use my website.
Anything you see on Loop would be old modules.
Category 1 - A resit is available for all components of the module
How to contact me
See How to contact me
MECB do a smaller course.
For MECB: Skip the lectures and labs in green.
Come back for the rest.
My notes contain many hyperlinks to background material.
Some students get confused about what is the core course.
The core course is anything that is linked to directly on this front page.
All other links are just background material.
Some figures are from
Andrew S. Tanenbaum's teaching resources.
- 50 percent of module.
- MECB: HTML, CSS.
- Others: HTML, CSS, JS.
- Do as individuals or in twos. No teams of three.
- Do in your own time.
- Build it online somewhere. Keep your URL secret until I have marked the project.
- Client-side, so I can see all the code if I need to.
- Computer Networks,
Andrew S. Tanenbaum
and David J. Wetherall.
- Library 004.6/TAN.
- 5th Edition, 2011.
- 4th Edition, 2003, also good.
(References in notes are to 4th edn.)
- But not earlier editions.
- HTML5: The Missing Manual,
By Matthew MacDonald
- CSS: The Definitive Guide,
By Eric Meyer, Estelle Weyl
- CSS: The Missing Manual,
By David McFarland
by Tom Negrino
and Dori Smith
- 004 - Data processing, computer science
- 004.6 - Interfacing and communications
- 384 - Communications; Telecommunication
- 384.3 - Computer communication
- 005 - Computer programming, programs, data
- 005.1 - Programming
- 005.13 - Programming languages