CA668 - eCommerce Infrastructure
- Credit Rating 7.5
- Credit Rating 5 - MECB
- Credit Rating 7.5 - MECT
- 65 exam - 35 practical.
- Long module:
- CA668 - 3 hour exam
- CA668B - 3 hour exam
- Shorter module:
- Past exam papers
Category 1 - A resit is available for all components of the module
How to contact me
See How to contact me
Server-side on Linux
- In CA669, you looked at things rendered on the client-side
(HTML, CSS, JS).
- This module will focus on
code executed on the server-side.
- We use a Linux server, so we need to be comfortable with that.
- We start with a quick intro to Linux.
MECB do a smaller course.
For MECB: Skip the lectures and labs in green.
Come back for the rest.
My notes contain many hyperlinks to background material.
Some students get confused about what is the core course.
The core course is anything that is linked to directly on this front page.
All other links are just background material.
Some figures are from
Andrew S. Tanenbaum's teaching resources.
- I used to do an old version of the CA669 course.
- My notes for that
are still online, and cover:
- These may or may not be useful.
Some are actually copied in here.
- 35 percent of module.
- MECB: PHP.
- Others: PHP, JS Ajax.
- Do as individuals or in twos. No teams of three.
- Do in your own time.
- Build it online somewhere. Probably on student.computing.dcu.ie
but does not have to be.
- Keep your URL secret until I have marked the project.
- Server-side, so I cannot see the code. Need to hand up all code.
- Computer Networks,
Andrew S. Tanenbaum
and David J. Wetherall.
- Library 004.6/TAN.
- 5th Edition, 2011.
- 4th Edition, 2003, also good.
(References in notes are to 4th edn.)
- But not earlier editions.
- Apache: The Definitive Guide,
By Ben Laurie, Peter Laurie
- Learning PHP series, by
by Tom Negrino
and Dori Smith
- 004 - Data processing, computer science
- 004.6 - Interfacing and communications
- 384 - Communications; Telecommunication
- 384.3 - Computer communication
- 005 - Computer programming, programs, data
- 005.1 - Programming
- 005.13 - Programming languages