CA170 - Introduction to Operating Systems
Quickest way to find this web page:
Google ca170 dcu
Think about it:
All other ways (starting at the CA site, Googling my name, etc.)
will take much longer to get here.
Just Google module code and DCU and it is the first hit.
Special 2020 situation: Zoom webinars on Loop
- Normally I do not use Loop. I use my website.
- During the 2020 Coronavirus shutdown, I have switched to giving Webinars.
I am using Zoom webinars on Loop.
- My notes are still on my website as usual.
But you access the live lectures through Zoom on Loop.
- There is nothing for you for my course on Loop except the Webinar page.
Ignore everything else.
- Go to
CA170 page on Loop
- Find the active Webinar and "Join" it.
- 70 exam - 30 practical
- I do not use Loop. I use my website.
Anything you see on Loop would be old modules.
Category 1 - A resit is available for all components of the module
How to contact me
See How to contact me
About the notes
My notes contain many hyperlinks to background material.
Some students get confused about what is the core course.
The core course is anything that is linked to directly on this front page
All other links are just background material.
How hard is this module?
Here are the 2019 marks:
- 117 students.
- Practical: 73 passed. 44 failed or absent.
38 percent failed
- Exam: 95 passed. 22 failed or absent.
19 percent failed
- 005 - Computer programming, programs, data
- 005.4 - Systems programming and programs