System Support Engineer
Vacancy: System Support Engineer
Department Network Operations
Reports to: NOC Manager
Key Purpose of the Role:
The primary role is to assist in the smooth operation of Hibernia Networks’s Global Network under the supervision of the Network Operations Manager who is responsible for the Global Operation. This is a large scale network expanding from Frankfurt to Hong Kong and is built on a multi-platform environment. The role is varied and demands a totally flexible approach to all tasks associated with this position. The successful candidate should be comfortable working within an expanded and very fast paced team environment.
- Assisting in customer test & turn-up (DWDM/ADM/Ethernet)
- Customer circuit trouble shooting with the aid of industry standard test equipment
- Liaising with all other Hibernia NOC Engineers and Network Operations department in other Countries
- Report writing and creating / maintaining inventories
- Assisting in the management of a full Planned Preventative Maintenance program within the Dublin facility
- Network installations (remote and local where necessary)
- Monitoring and training of other members of staff when applicable. Contractors and visitors will be inducted and periodically monitored when they are on site. Permit to Work documentation will be raised prior to commencement of work and closed upon completion; this will usually involve requesting and assessing Method Statements, Risk Assessments and /or Back-Out Plans. Non-routine duties will be allocated as deemed necessary.
- Essential Skills & Experience (key competencies)
- Experience in optical networks and technical facilities required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an operational environment in a medium to large scale carrier / ISP would be a definite advantage.
- Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical problem solving as a daily occurrence on any or all of Hibernia’s Layer1 / 2 / 3 networks
- Degree in Engineering related field – preferably Telecomms / Datacomms modules