Computer Labs Usage Rules
These regulations are additional to the rules laid out by ISS on the use of computers in the University.
UNACCEPTABLE USE OF FACILITIES!
- Specifically: Viewing of PORNOGRAPHY, sharing of ACCOUNTS, nuisance network BROADCASTS, playing of GAMES, nuisance and anonymous or impersonated EMAIL, bringing FOOD or DRINK into CA building, are all considered to be UNACCEPTABLE uses of University facilities, and will be treated as disciplinary offences.
If discovered by any staff member the following penalties are implemented:
- €20 for a first offence, student's School of Computing account disabled until the fine is paid.
- €50 for a second offence, student's School of Computing account disabled until the fine is paid. Subsequent offences to be dealt with by Head of School.
Fine Payment Procedure:
- Deposit the fine using the printer paystation located in the Foyer.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that the fine is paid.
- On receipt of email and verification of fine payment, the student's School of Computing account is re-enabled.
- The policy applies to ALL students using these facilities, and will be enforced without exception 24 hours per day
- NOTE: "GAMES" INCLUDES GAMES SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED OVER THE INTERNET.
- NOTE: ALL USER ACCOUNT ACTIVITIES ARE MONITORED, AND IF ANY BREACHES OCCUR THE ACCOUNT OWNER WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.